Ultimate at home Pina Colada tips from bartenders !
The humble Pina Colada is a classic summer drink, but it's time to elevate your game and make it even better. The key to elevating your Pina Colada lies in the ingredients you use, and Giffard syrups are a great way to start.
Giffard syrups offer a wide range of flavours, from sweet and fruity to exotic and spicy, and they make it easy to add new dimensions to your drink. For example, try adding a splash of Giffard's Pineapple syrup to your Pina Colada for an extra boost of tropical sweetness. Or, mix in a touch of Giffard's Vanilla syrup to bring out the smooth and creamy notes of this classic cocktail.
Another great way to elevate your Pina Colada is to switch up the rum you use. Instead of using regular white rum, try Black Tears Spiced Cuban rum for a bold and spicy twist. Black Tears rum is made with Cacao, Coffee and Aji Dulce; it adds warm, rich, and complex flavors to your drink.
Cacao Pineapple Pina
- 45ml Black Tears Spiced Cuban rum
- 20ml Giffard Pineapple syrup
- 30ml coconut cream or Giffard Coconut syrup
- 30ml pineapple juice
- Crushed ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge or a cherry.
- Enjoy your elevated Pina Colada!
Making cocktails has never been easier.
#1 Pina Colada tips from some of Australia's best bartenders.
- Use Giffard syrups to add new flavours and dimensions to your drinks.
- Experiment with different types of rum, such as Black Tears Spiced Cuban rum or Rum-Bar rum, to bring a bold and spicy twist to your cocktails.
- Muddle fresh ingredients, like mint leaves or lime juice, to enhance the flavours of your drinks.
- Use crushed ice to create a smoother texture and to keep your drinks cold.
- Don't be afraid to try new flavour combinations, like adding a touch of Giffard Vanilla syrup to your Pina Colada.
- Garnish your drinks with a fruit wedge or a sprig of mint to add a touch of elegance. Or try some more aromatic garnishes like grapefruit or a spray of Mezcal.
- Keep the recipes simple and easy to follow so that you can enjoy your cocktails without the stress of complicated instructions.
- Try mixing in some fresh herbs, like basil, thyme, or rosemary, for an extra burst of flavour.
Subscribe to our mailing list for more recipes that you can try this summer.